Thirteen of them, arbitrarily reported:
- Cooked breakfast in the morning: porridge made from rolled oats soaked overnight in soy milk. Ate it with bits of apple, raisins, almonds, cinnamon and a dash of sugar. Yum! Shared the leftovers with Curious Dog (sans all the toppings, although he did get some apple slices). For some weird reason, he loves plain porridge and always get a small share.
- Checked my work mails and answered a technical question from a colleague in China.
- Took CD for his morning walk. It had snowed snow pellets early in the morning and the tarmac was quite slippery with it. Almost sat on my tail a few times!
- Took Mutti to sign her name to the current Bavarian petition to “save the bees” (which I couldn’t sign up for because I don’t have my main address in Bavaria, too bad). It passed!!
- Returned to work in my home office and worked until Lunch.
- Had Lunch (made by Mutti, as she always cooks when we are in Bavaria): and took CD for his short midday walk.
- Had a virtual meeting with a colleague to get started on a project.
- Took CD for his longer afternoon walk.
- Returned to work.
- Called my partner and we told each other about our doings (it’s a ritual when we are apart).
- Did my long meditation (45 minutes).
- Had dinner and hung out in front of the TV afterwards. But read instead of watching as nothing interesting was on. I was just keeping Mutti company. I’m reading Black Leopard, Red Wolf by Marlon James. It’s a fantasy heavily influenced by African mythology and set in a fantastic version of Ancient Africa (a nice change from all the Nordic fantasies). It’s very intense, with lots of gore and violence and I wasn’t sure I liked it at first, but it’s growing on me.
- Did my short meditation in bed. The trick is to stay awake, which didn’t work out too well this time.
Half the work week done!